Sunday, December 18, 2011

I had hoped to sign up for the International Hermit & Stitch weekend but had so much going on that I didn't think I'd have time to participate. Then in true hermit fashion I decided to skip my plans for the day Saturday and sit at home and stitch. I realized that I haven't had a chance to spend a whole day at home since I moved in. It felt great. I managed to finish the stitching on Silent Night by Little House Needleworks
Then I pulled out the chart for Noel by Log Cabin Needleworks. This one is a freebie that I saw posted on someone's blog last week (sorry I can't remember who). It's a quick and easy stitch and I finished it in a few hours. I didn't have the suggested floss, so substitued some CC floss I had on hand
Now I have to find time to finish them into ornaments. I have a bunch of ornaments I'd still like to stitch this year. I wonder why I always wait until the week before Christmas to start them?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Stitchy finishes! Maybe we should have a finishing day instead of a stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should have one day for each! We still need to finish Grammy's Mending Box too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look great, oh to have a whole day to stitch! I have a finishing problem too, it's very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Astrid. I often wondered if I could consider something finished when I finished the stitching, or whether I should wait until it was completely finished. I decided to use the terms 'finished stitching' and 'finished', otherwise I'd never have anything to show!

    ReplyDelete